Operation: Overkill World HQ
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:26:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Be sure and visit Operation Overkill World HQ!
1079 Posts in 253 Topics by 97 Members
Latest Member: Lord Blackfair
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Operation: Overkill World HQ
|-+  Operation: Overkill BBS Door Game
| |-+  Recruit Chat
| | |-+  Radioactive goodness
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Radioactive goodness  (Read 8096 times)
Dumple
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« on: October 11, 2004, 02:22:48 pm »

Ah, the wastelands.  Nostalgia blows through my mind, scattering tumbleweeds.  

I've always had a soft spot for post-apocalyptic games  in general (Wastelands, and later Fallout), and I remember playing OO back in the BBS days in the Utah scene.  Back when my handle was "Dexter & Trask".  (Utah is already something of a desolate wasteland anyway, maybe that's why I like the theme so much?)  I was clueless, and I died a lot.

Anyway, it's good to see that the project is alive (or anyway not entirely dead).  I've been on the black thursday game, but no one else seems to be active there (although people died and left all sorts of handy items and bases lying around...I'm so happy that somebody named a base "Outer Heaven", after Metal Gear)  

These days it seems like there are more telnet BBSes than there are users...but a few recruits is all it takes to reach critical mass (to use a nuclear war metaphor).  

--Dumple
mindphaser
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 04:54:56 am »

Hrrrm wonder if my character is still active in that game.  Been a while since I've logged into BT (good board though).

As far as Utah goes...which BBS's did you log onto?

-mp
Blazewarrior
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 12:00:11 pm »

Quote from: "These days it seems like there are more telnet BBSes than there are users...but a few recruits is all it takes to reach critical mass (to use a nuclear war metaphor).  
[/quote

Don't worry Dumple, I'm in all 3 ooii games (64.32.147.37) but mostly the newbie game (it has the most players).

I was amazed to see one of my old teammates playing there (only 3 days before me).

Oh, and whoever owns the base called "Amazon Aisle" thanks for the landmine....hell of a greeting.  I'll be sure to blast into your high-security base ASAP.   }:)

Ahhh..... good times.....
Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 09:35:42 am »

Quote from: "Blazewarrior"

Don't worry Dumple, I'm in all 3 ooii games (64.32.147.37) but mostly the newbie game (it has the most players).

I hope you guys aren't using the ip address.  They're all going to change over the next four weeks.  (And the upsteam bandwidth is being doubled!)

mindphaser
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2004, 02:53:23 am »

Quote from: "Tarix"
I hope you guys aren't using the ip address.  They're all going to change over the next four weeks.  (And the upsteam bandwidth is being doubled!)

Wahoo!   Cheesy
Dustin
Leader of the Lizards
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2004, 07:03:15 am »

Quote from: "Dumple"
I've always had a soft spot for post-apocalyptic games  in general (Wastelands, and later Fallout), and I remember playing OO back in the BBS days in the Utah scene.  Back when my handle was "Dexter & Trask".

Ahh, Utah!  Close to home... multiple wives and multiple handles?  Ah, the LIFE! :twisted:

Honestly, welcome to the Overkill forums, Dumple (and please don't be bothered if I shorten your name to just 'Dump'... heee!)

Yeesh, no more letting Barl talk me into a few drinks during lunch.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: