Operation: Overkill World HQ
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:31:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Be sure and visit Operation Overkill World HQ!
1079 Posts in 253 Topics by 97 Members
Latest Member: Lord Blackfair
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Operation: Overkill World HQ
|-+  Operation: Overkill BBS Door Game
| |-+  Killing Strategy
| | |-+  Lesson 2: "What to do after making Level 7"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Lesson 2: "What to do after making Level 7"  (Read 13242 times)
Dustin
Leader of the Lizards
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: December 09, 2004, 06:42:06 am »

After making Level 7 your next step should be to obtain a
Trikorder.  This takes a little practice and is not as simple as it
seems.  You will need a Dex around 30 and Hit Points of 37 or above.

Once you have reached Level 7 you should have already bought a
Z-Tempest, Tevix, and Shezvarian Armor.  You should have 50 rounds on the Z-Tempest and 100 rounds on the Tevix.  Your next step after obtaining these weapons is to go down to Map 4 and kill the Phantom or Irish Irain to obtain Reflecto Armor.  If you kill Irish Irain, then you will need to kill the Phantom to obtain a Xendrix.  

It is possible to kill the Dredvault with the Z-Tempest, Tevix, and
Shezvarian so if the Dredvault shows up before the others then give a shot a killing him but don't risk your life. You can surrender to him if your hps get too low.  The better your weapons are the
better chance you will have of killing the Dredvault and Hydrite
Guard.  

The main point here is to kill monsters that have better weapons
than you in one or two areas if possible, do not mess around with
any other monsters unless its the Bag Man or Trumpet Man, because they will tell you where the Oracle is on Map 4 and if you find the Oracle it will increase your capabilities of killing the Dredvault and Hydrite Gaurd.  

Once you have obtained a Herculean, Xendrix, and Reflecto, it will
be time to go down to Map 5 for the Hydrite Gaurd.  Remember this
is your only purpose for going down to Map 5, to kill the Hydrite
Guard for the Trikorder.  Run from all monsters and the Hydrite
Guard with 51% rads or above. Notice I said 51%, at 50% the Hydrite  and all other monsters will drop their equipment and it won't turn to dust.

When you go down to Map 5 remain reasonably close to a Hole UP and stay away from radiation mounds and pits.  Sometimes it will take a while for the Hydrite Gaurd to show up and if you are near these pits it will increase your radiation and cause you to use your med kits, which are needed if you don't kill the Hydrite Gaurd on the first try.  If you don't succed in killing the Hydrite Guard the
first time and he poison's you, it is recommended that you have a
Vac pack close by to cure the poison (preferably on the hole down
to Map 5 or somewhere where you can get to it without much trouble)

I recommend the following items when trying to kill the Hydrite
Guard:

1. Herculean
2. Xendrix
3. Reflecto
4. 2 or 3 Med kits
5. Vac Pack somewhere close by.  (Not necessary to carry on you.)
6. Summoner (This will make the monsters show up faster)
7. Anti Rad Suit

These items are all that are needed to kill the Hydrite Guard
without too much trouble.  Of course the Hydrite Guard can be
killed with the Z-Tempest, Tevix and Shezvarian, but it is not
recommeded because it will increase your chances of not killing him
on the first try.  

Here's to a Clearer Picture of the Wastelands.

****  Good Luck  ****

--==/^\Hawk/^\==--
TermX
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 09:53:05 am »

Another way is to look on map 3 for a Hydrite Soldier with a trikorder.

I miss Hawk.
Dustin
Leader of the Lizards
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 03:08:54 am »

Quote from: "TermX"

I miss Hawk.

Also, I don't recall if there actually exists monsters named "Irish Irain" or "Trumpet Man".  Those might be unique monsters created by the Sysops of the BBS that Hawk was playing in.  Am I mistaken?
TermX
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 10:51:37 am »

The current build of the game doesn't have those monsters.  I don't remember then ever.
The-Mad-Dwarf
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2004, 12:07:59 pm »

I can recall an Irish Irain, and have a vague recall of a Phantom monster. But I don't recall ever seeing a TrumpetMan.

When I first started playing OOII  the monsters were different in quite a few places. Around my 4th/5th OOII-BBs  the sysop regestered the editoo program and had a blast editing monsters into the game. (Nero's BBs if I recall rightly)  I had the most fun killing a "Tom Peterson" (a late night furniture salesman in the NW who's comercials  were simply horrid)

The Mad Dwarf..

***an incarnation of a DamFrawd***
Takkhardian
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 06:31:37 am »

Quote from: "TermX"

Exactly. Why bother with level 5 at all, until your level is high enough that you don't get full XP anywhere else? Go to the prison to get the TriKorder, thus:

* in the course of wandering the wastelands, you will find hydrites on every level. Kill them. If their radiation is less than 50%, they will drop keys. Get 1 each of red, blue and green keys. If you are lucky and find Aurora, you can find out which key you need for each cell in the Hydrite prison, but otherwise, just take all 3.
* go to level 4 with a tevix-bahn, z-tempest, shezvarin as described.
* beat up a few monsters until you have a telegrasp (they're pretty common). If you get a xendrix, reflecto/polycarb armor, or a hydra-jack in the process, bravo! But you want the telegrasp.
* return to level 3 and the hydrite prison. By now there's probably piles of duroplast lying around everywhere, so pick one up on your way to the prison.
* Fight and kill the three rad-hounds guarding the prison doors. You must kill them, not just defeat them.
* Use the duroplast on the prison doors, and go in. If the duroplast is a dud, you will need to leave, come back with more duroplast, and try again until it works.
* Enter the prison and wander around, killing Hydrites. Perhaps a third of the hydrites on level 3 have a TriKorder, and so your chances of getting one are pretty good, given the number of times you will be jumped by guards as you wander the prison.

Two other things to do in the prison:
1) Free any captured recruits for a big XP bonus (give them a telegrasp if you have one to spare)
2)  Find Cell I, open it, and get a code key. This is needed to enter the Air Force Bases, and finding it in the prison is a better use of your resources than bribing Barl for one.
The-Mad-Dwarf
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 11:13:43 am »

I hunt for my 1st trikorder in the prison myself. I usually get one fairly quickly. If things are going well, I go in deep for that other prize.
   There didn't used to be hydrates on  all levels. I don't think there are any on lev 1 even now. There only used to be hydrates on 3 and 5. Trikorders were rare from those.  One mob on lev 5 almost always had one though.. (forget what it was called). He was tough to beat. Usually by the time I could, I already had one from an easier avenue. Some mobs were not ment to be beaten (grin)

The Mad Dwarf

**an incarnation of a DamFrawd**
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: