Operation: Overkill World HQ
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:16:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Be sure and visit Operation Overkill World HQ!
1079 Posts in 253 Topics by 97 Members
Latest Member: Lord Blackfair
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Operation: Overkill World HQ
|-+  Operation: Overkill BBS Door Game
| |-+  Bugs and Annoyances
| | |-+  Game Over suggestions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Game Over suggestions  (Read 5152 times)
Dustin
Leader of the Lizards
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: July 22, 2006, 08:13:47 am »

When the game is over, the user should be directed to the HQ Briefing room automatically.

One option is to "Cast Your Vote".  What is the user voting on? Clarify the text.

If possible, display a ranking of difficulty next to the maps listing, so the users can select by difficulty (not too many people know if the terrain of "Spearel" is hard or easy.

-D
Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 12:05:26 am »

Quote from: "Weezal"
When the game is over, the user should be directed to the HQ Briefing room automatically.

Like stick them in that room immediately?  Put everyone in the complex?  I did  at least put a message to go there right?  It's been a few years since I did the code for this. Smiley  I'll have to check it out.

One option is to "Cast Your Vote".  What is the user voting on? Clarify the text.

Maybe display the current winning map too?

If possible, display a ranking of difficulty next to the maps listing, so the users can select by difficulty (not too many people know if the terrain of "Spearel" is hard or easy.

I'm open to technical suggestions on this.  I could encode the map difficulty into the map file?  That seems like the best solution.  (The game currently just displays *.MAP and filters the two special files.)  There's also the issue of accidentally chosing the "two-player" size maps.

If I encoded it into the map file it could be shoved at the end.  That way if it didn't exist a ? or something similar could be displayed.

Or better yet ...  I could give you subversion access and you could change it. Wink  I like that idea the best!!!

(Plus then you could be amused by some of the code cleanups.  Like moving the version info into a include file that all of the programs include.)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: