Operation: Overkill World HQ
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:02:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Be sure and visit Operation Overkill World HQ!
1079 Posts in 253 Topics by 97 Members
Latest Member: Lord Blackfair
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Operation: Overkill World HQ
|-+  Operation: Overkill BBS Door Game
| |-+  Recruit Chat
| | |-+  Anyone else on Overkill HQ Journeyman?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anyone else on Overkill HQ Journeyman?  (Read 8924 times)
Lucky_Dragon
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« on: July 29, 2006, 10:25:19 pm »

I've been playing a bit on Overkill HQ BBS lately (Journeyman level) but noticed there don't seem to be too many other active players at the moment. Anyone interested in joining me and maybe starting up a squadron, lemme know.  Smiley

-==--<br />Moderation in all things... including moderation.<br />
VACANTSTARE
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 07:51:58 pm »

I started playing recently too, on novice and journeyman. One of the teams playing has an interesting strategy, they kill next to nothing, but somehow get the money to add 170 stat points in one sitting. If they're doing it legit, more power to em', they're way above my abilities, but I've watched the daily stats, and they've had at most 8 kills for the hole team excluding the first day. It's not the oracle, it's not AFB cloning (that's still a recorded kill) The one weird thing each member does do is log in for less than a minute multiple times, I've seen as many a seven times right in a row. I sure could be wrong, but it seems like something stinks, it seems like they've foud a glitch that lets them clone items or cash endlessly. Anyway, to wind up my bitching Smiley , I've been putting in a ton of hours, but there's no point to it. there's no stopping a guy who makes just 36 kills, has only 48,000 experience points but somehow masses 306 stat points. It doesn't help that they ruthlessly hunt down other players and blow up every opponent base built. I'd play in the jouneyman game, but they're in there to, with a massively built up character (though at least that character's experience and kill levels justify the total stat level) the moment anyone gets close that character will add another 200 stat points overnight  and it'll be game over. I love Overkill, but I'm not going to waste my time playing when one team exploits a program glitch to crush everyone else. Maybe that's not what's going on, maybe they're playing a game beyond my comprehension....but I doubt it.
Lucky_Dragon
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 10:33:58 pm »

...becuase Sweet Pea (who I assume you were referring to in your post) broke into my newly-constructed base on level 1, killed me, and then stole the base day before yesterday.
:evil:
Prior to that, another character, Exodus, had knocked out my shields and broke into the base, so I was wide open for Sweet Pea's attack. The most frustrating thing about it is that I was only a few crytals short of what I would have needed to install a Zaxtron accelerator. ARRRRRGH!
I'm all for a bit of stiff competition from time to time, but I didn't do anything to provoke that attack and if it's repeated, I may decide not to continue that game.
For the time being, I'll keep playing and just wait to see what happens. I've managed to track down the oracle TWICE in the past two days, and have recovered my position in the game somewhat. At least Sweet Pea didn't loot my corpse, so I still had my electric sword, rad suit, etc., and it won't take me TOO long to amass sufficient water crystals to build another base. I'm just pissed because that base was in a prime spot and now I'll have to find another space to build a level one base...hopefully in an area where it won't get raided again right off the bat.
:roll:

-==--<br />Moderation in all things... including moderation.<br />
Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 11:54:09 pm »

If you really think it is foul play either post the details here in public or send them to me in a private message.

We have had players in the past that are both really good and very effective at sharing information so there is a possibility it could be legit.

The-Mad-Dwarf
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 04:41:40 pm »

Tarix.. I personelly don't think they are really good nuff at OOII to do as these two have suggested. They simply aren't that good at OOII (in my opinion). I have another reason to agree with the possibility that they may be exploiting a bug or a game loophole. That being that  I once had an ingame  conversation with BigGun (Pud) . His last answer to me via the ingame posts was signed BigGun, but was posted while loged in as SweetPea.

I've not felt the desire to bump heads against a stacked deck whilst they were actively playing either. A decent player running duped accounts makes it a hard road to travel against, in the wastelands.

Dam Frawd... an Incarnation of a Mad Dwarf

P.S. whilst I am thinking bout it.. Is there a way to have more than 10 folks listed as defeaters of the great Lizzard in the hall of fame.?  could the same persons multiple listings be stacked to allow more to be listed in the hall of fame.? These and other questions wander thru my brain..
Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 04:45:26 pm »

Well, if talking about them on the forums run them off I'd like to figure out what they are doing.  Even if it can't be prevented I would know what sort of logging is useful for tracking this stuff down.

I think the last idea I had for the victors list is to keep the last ten people to kill him along with the date.  That way you couldn't just rest on your laurels. Wink

The-Mad-Dwarf
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 04:47:51 pm »

hrmmmm just keeping the last ten.. yeah, That'd work, I could manage ta keep my name up and still get in my usuall slacking  }:)~

DF
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: