Operation: Overkill World HQ
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:16:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Be sure and visit Operation Overkill World HQ!
1079 Posts in 253 Topics by 97 Members
Latest Member: Lord Blackfair
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Operation: Overkill World HQ
|-+  Operation: Overkill BBS Door Game
| |-+  Recruit Chat
| | |-+  Overkill Transcripts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Overkill Transcripts  (Read 11491 times)
dgbehrends
Recruit

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2007, 06:16:44 pm »

I screenshotted all the transcripts while in the Hydrite spacecraft.  If you haven't beaten Overkill then they spoil the ending of course.  If you would like to view them, send me a private message on this forum.

IGN:BIGD

Dustin
Leader of the Lizards
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 02:06:01 am »

Quote from: "dgbehrends"
I screenshotted all the transcripts while in the Hydrite spacecraft.  If you haven't beaten Overkill then they spoil the ending of course.  If you would like to view them, send me a private message on this forum.

Was this your first defeat of Overkill?  What was your experience like?
dgbehrends
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 02:33:39 am »

Yes I think it was my first Overkill kill.  Considering I stayed up pretty late to catch the next day's worth of playing and to avoid any system lag my experience was good. It took me ~40 minutes to clear doors 1-4 and then kill overkill.  I spent my time between fight scenes snapping jpgs, so I skimmed some of the text.  I read the ZZillen interlude and most of the transcripts after that.  I'll read through the transcripts in their entirety and post some more thoughts.

Mercury
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 01:20:33 pm »

i think that a new game element should be a "tag - you are it" game.  Meaning, once the first dude kills overkill, then to be it, you gotta kill the dude that killed overkill. then, next you gotta kill the dude that killed the dude that killed the dude.,... you get the picture.
dgbehrends
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 02:05:57 pm »

I think if you did this you might want to eliminate ones ability to camp on a GG tile.  But I like the idea, makes the game a little more interesting.  I think extending the reset period would be good too.  Give us another few days like 7 total, to have more BASE wars fun!
I must be the unluckiest missile launcher around. I'm 1 for 5, are you sure its not 70% of the time its a dud?

dgbehrends
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 02:38:34 pm »

I read through the Overkill transcripts again and thought the descriptive writing was very good.  There were a couple of grammatical errors but all in all it was good stuff.

Another thing I noticed was one of the things Overkill says to you while you are smacking him up side the head.
"You shall die in vain if you kill me!  What will the rest of your clan think if you defeat me now?  They shall overthrow you NEXT, for you will become the next OVERKILL!"

Seems to follow right along with Mercury's suggestion.

Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 03:32:04 pm »

We'd love to fix the grammar.  There's a ton of text in the game and to be honest most of us don't read it very closely anymore:

http://bugs.operationoverkill.com/

Mercury
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 09:07:15 pm »

GG camping my foot.  You get to sleep in the spaceship.  Shoot, you should be able to fly it around too (at least on level five) like a zimmer.  You should also be able to reset the item (from hydrite egg or alien skull to any other item you want) - just for kicks.  I suppose to keep the hydrites around, make the hydrites worship you like they worshiped martin sheen in apocolipse now after he axed marlon brando.

Also,
I didn't mention one little trick about killing a gate guard camper.  steal the weapons.  if you have pretty high stats, you can pull this off even if you HPs are suffering.  If you get caught, run away and try it again next log in.  Of course, this is very dangerous if they are keeping an eye on the situation - but it is fun to live on the edge, now?
Dustin
Leader of the Lizards
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 02:00:21 am »

Quote from: "Mercury"
GG camping my foot.  You get to sleep in the spaceship.  Shoot, you should be able to fly it around too (at least on level five) like a zimmer.  You should also be able to reset the item (from hydrite egg or alien skull to any other item you want) - just for kicks.  I suppose to keep the hydrites around, make the hydrites worship you like they worshiped martin sheen in apocolipse now after he axed marlon brando.

Ha!  Sounds like an Overkill 3!
Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 01:24:34 pm »

Quote from: "Weezal"

Don't you mean 2?  Cheesy  Did you forget the whole sequal / not a sequal discussion a few years ago?

Dustin
Leader of the Lizards
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 01:39:22 am »

Quote from: "Tarix"
Quote from: "Weezal"

Don't you mean 2?  Cheesy  Did you forget the whole sequal / not a sequal discussion a few years ago?

Alright, call it "Overkill 3-D" then. Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: