Operation: Overkill World HQ
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2024, 04:42:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Be sure and visit Operation Overkill World HQ!
1079 Posts in 253 Topics by 97 Members
Latest Member: Lord Blackfair
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Operation: Overkill World HQ
|-+  Operation: Overkill BBS Door Game
| |-+  Bugs and Annoyances
| | |-+  Losing water crystals in the novice game.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Losing water crystals in the novice game.  (Read 11142 times)
dgbehrends
Recruit

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2007, 06:33:16 am »

The bank in the NOVICE game is stealing my crystals.  I had ~200000 deposited.  I log in a few hours later and now I have ~66000.  Thats one messed up interest calculation.  I have not taken out any loans so I don't understand what could be happening.  It happened yesterday too I went from 92k down to 20k.  WTH???  I'm closing my bank account.  
Please help!

IGN:BIGD
Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 01:07:27 pm »

Did you check the log?  If there's no gate guard and no one to guard the complex Hydrites will come and raid the base.  If it's not in the log, then its just some sort of strange bug.  Are you exiting cleanly when you have these crystals?

dgbehrends
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 01:14:59 pm »

The Novice game was reset on Thursday, and as I would have guessed, no hydrites have been attacking the complex.  Even if they had the Gate Guard is extremely powerful and probably can't be killed by those measly hydrites Smiley

So I've lost over 250000 crystals what a waste.  Sad By checking the top10 list, I don't think this is happening to any other players.

Mercury
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 01:24:28 pm »

are you droppin carrier?  maybe there is a failure when you log out to properly record what you put in there during the session.
dgbehrends
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 01:52:33 pm »

Nope, no dropped carrier, and the amount of crystals in the bank is not the same as when I started previously.  Seems like the banker has it out for me.

Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 03:55:18 pm »

I wonder if it is the interest calculation screwing up.  Moving from DOS to Windows causes a lot of problems with the size of variables.  Was this after the bank calculated interest?

Mercury
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 12:54:22 am »

I notice that your character is now the sentry guard.  perhaps this sentry guard bug has created a situation where your sentry guard clone is spending your bank money in the supply room to upgrade - what does the log say?
dgbehrends
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 01:52:09 am »

I logged in last night but I had high winds sitting right on top of me so I just logged out and didn't get to the complex.  I didn't see any messages about the Gate Guard spending my money any of the times I logged in.  I'll review the frontier log but I don't think it will say much more than the gate guard went to the supply room.  This is a plausible explanation for what is happening.

dgbehrends
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 01:15:34 pm »

I just logged into the Novice game and sure enough the 10000 crystals I left in the bank are gone.  It said that I had 0 crystals.  I checked the gate guard and sure enough it was a weaker incarnation of me but he didn't seem to have any items on him that would have cost 10000 crystals.  I guess I'm glad this is happening to me instead of a newbie who would probably think that the game sucked and just quit.  If you think of something for me to try let me hear it?  I haven't noticed any crystals in my pack disappearing so apparently the banker can't get his grubby hands on those.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: