Operation: Overkill World HQ
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:44:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Be sure and visit Operation Overkill World HQ!
1079 Posts in 253 Topics by 97 Members
Latest Member: Lord Blackfair
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Operation: Overkill World HQ
|-+  Operation: Overkill BBS Door Game
| |-+  Recruit Chat
| | |-+  Overkill defeated on Journeyman Map. Need to vote!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Overkill defeated on Journeyman Map. Need to vote!  (Read 25539 times)
Dustin
Leader of the Lizards
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 05:27:44 am »

Good question.  The only way I can really tell is to jump in a game.  Did you change the calculations based on real clock time so the value is consistent across all machines?
Dustin
Leader of the Lizards
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 08:27:04 am »

I concur: the speed on the expert game is painfully slow.  I can hit in the 'A' range even if 'A' is the first series to display.  I'll jump into a Sharpshooter practice and check some values.
dgbehrends
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 08:50:34 am »

I think one reason the speed was slowed down because if for whatever reason it gets really choppy then its still possible to hit a target.  However when its not choppy it is painfully slow as Weezal suggests.  I really like the speed at this BBS and it hasn't been choppy the few times I have played.
bbs.memphistw.org

IGN:BIGD
Dustin
Leader of the Lizards
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 10:10:37 am »

I think one reason the speed was slowed down because if for whatever reason it gets really choppy then its still possible to hit a target.  However when its not choppy it is painfully slow as Weezal suggests.  I really like the speed at this BBS and it hasn't been choppy the few times I have played.

bbs.memphistw.org
Good find!  I had a flawless session, no bumps or burps in the connection, and the action combat speed is decent.  I think my accuracy was mid 90s%.  I think it's more fun when the average accuracy is in the 80s%.  The faster the speed, the closer to the 'slash'ing sensation.
dgbehrends
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 11:33:38 am »

bbs.memphistw.org
Good find!  I had a flawless session, no bumps or burps in the connection, and the action combat speed is decent.  I think my accuracy was mid 90s%.  I think it's more fun when the average accuracy is in the 80s%.  The faster the speed, the closer to the 'slash'ing sensation.

Another good one with fast combat is  bluelobster.dyndns.org

Here is my list of known bbs with OOII
exciter.ws
zaverus very slow combat
lvl1 skinless man is oracle giver

dsbbs.net
can't remember

bluelobster.dyndns.org
vidland v1.2 fast
seems like a good one

bbs.memphistw.org
vidland v1.2  fast
lvl 3 oracle giver is the caturant
my favorite right now

thirdrockbbs.com
vidland v1.2  fast but choppy

www.operationoverkill.com
slow speed
3 games of varying difficulty and map. 

IGN:BIGD
Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 01:07:19 pm »

Good question.  The only way I can really tell is to jump in a game.  Did you change the calculations based on real clock time so the value is consistent across all machines?

Yes.  The Windows versions should be accurate to about 15ms on NT platforms.  (That's a limitation of NT ... still ...)  Actually I've heard of a hack to increase that accuracy so I'll look in to it.  I remember it being a problem for the WoW client.

The DOS version does a little speed test at startup so it can get strange in rare cases.  I want to try and change it to something better, but I need to dig up all of the references on hooking into to the low level DOS timers.  I think 1.3 will be the last DOS version ever.  It is such a pain. Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: