Operation: Overkill World HQ
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:27:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Be sure and visit Operation Overkill World HQ!
1079 Posts in 253 Topics by 97 Members
Latest Member: Lord Blackfair
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Operation: Overkill World HQ
|-+  Operation: Overkill BBS Door Game
| |-+  Bugs and Annoyances
| | |-+  Supply Room Inventory List
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Supply Room Inventory List  (Read 7620 times)
Dustin
Leader of the Lizards
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: July 21, 2008, 08:41:08 am »

I found a bug in the Supply Room Inventory list.   If you want to inquire about an item, the game will show the previous item instead.  eg: entering '4' to show the TransAxe will actually display the Natase info.

As for the list itself, it appears kinda cheesy, looking back on it now.  I think the ugly ascii representation of the items takes away from the player's imagination.  Maybe we could streamline the information, keeping the item descriptions, but axing the accompanying ascii graphics.

Thoughts, Michael?
Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 01:20:27 pm »

Thoughts, Michael?

I think for reasons of nostalgia we should keep the door game "as-is".

Auto-reset was a must because of the current state of BBS gaming.  Most of the other changes have been bug fixes, spelling corrections, or code updates to reflect that fact that we have Pentiums and not 486s.

The rewrite is back alive and I'm doing a bunch of huge back-end changes to it.  We can discuss those elsewhere.  (Do you still use an IM services?)

Dustin
Leader of the Lizards
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 11:47:52 am »

Thoughts, Michael?

I think for reasons of nostalgia we should keep the door game "as-is".

Auto-reset was a must because of the current state of BBS gaming.  Most of the other changes have been bug fixes, spelling corrections, or code updates to reflect that fact that we have Pentiums and not 486s.

The rewrite is back alive and I'm doing a bunch of huge back-end changes to it.  We can discuss those elsewhere.  (Do you still use an IM services?)

I'm rarely on Trillian these days.  Hit me up at my email address or on here.  I'm checking in daily.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: