Operation: Overkill World HQ
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:50:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Be sure and visit Operation Overkill World HQ!
1079 Posts in 253 Topics by 97 Members
Latest Member: Lord Blackfair
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Operation: Overkill World HQ
|-+  Operation: Overkill BBS Door Game
| |-+  Recruit Chat
| | |-+  telnet://bbs.memphistw.org
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: telnet://bbs.memphistw.org  (Read 33165 times)
Willis
Recruit

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2008, 05:08:19 am »

telnet://bbs.memphistw.org is a pretty good game happening, lots of other doors as well
Dustin
Leader of the Lizards
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 11:43:01 am »

telnet://bbs.memphistw.org is a pretty good game happening, lots of other doors as well
I concur!  Great site, Willis.
Blue60
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 03:45:24 pm »

I am playing OO on there also..  If anyone wants to start a Squad in there let me know,  (I just died so I cant play again till tomorow )  Sad 
Willis
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 12:40:37 pm »

Blue we could squad up. I have saved you from prison a few times
Blue60
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 02:35:04 am »

Sounds like a plan to me  Grin
Xcalibur

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 01:01:26 pm »

Is anyone playing this game still?  I made my character on there a few days ago and am looking forward to playing with some other people.
DamFrawd

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 10:27:22 am »

With the stats you have in that game... the only question is... why haven't you offed the beeg leezard yet.?    Perhaps when you do.. you  might ask the sysop to swap mapsets. Vidland is wayyyy too easy to get around in.

DF

Xcalibur

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 01:08:36 pm »

All in time.  I'm kind of enjoying being omnipotent.
Xcalibur

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 06:38:36 am »

The OOII game on this board has recently reset.  I plan to play it seriously in a week.  I would encourage anyone interested to make a character and play with me so we can get some real competition going.  Otherwise, I'm just going to roll over all of the scrubs in that game.
DamFrawd

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 12:18:17 pm »

"roll over the scrubs" 

hrmmmmm  and in english that means..??

DF
DamFrawd

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 12:26:22 pm »

Roll Eyes   I guess that ment  (this is just a guess here you understand..)  That you waited your week or so.. Then loged into MemphisTW bbs with a vengance.. Hitting Oracle after Oracle.. (good strat there btw..) You got yer stats alllll pumped up , and managed to kill a player that has rarely made a go of running the 4th level in all the bbs'es I've bumped into him on. Now your partner.. (you know.. the guy that joined your squadron and seems to log in ONE minute after you log out.. for several rotations of you playing.. him playing..You playing, Him playing, ONE minute apart. Oh, except the day that you died to a hydrate I belive.. and screwed up the marathon) Your partner did manage to kill me after haveing to run away at least once. 

OK.. So I guess that makeing your brag to roll over folks (on the easiest mapset of the game btw..) was a tad daunting perhaps.. So You got yerself a...... partner??  I dunno.. could be..  Grin

Either way.. I'll not whine at what fate brings my way.  I'll still be in there kicking with my one log in every day or two, to match your 6 or so. (or is that 12.. I'm not that good at math.. its a dwarven thing)  Methunks I may end up oweing you a death or two sooner or later  Smiley

See ya in the wasteland Chummer..

Dam Frawd

**an incarnation of a Mad Dwarf**

Xcalibur

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 01:26:59 pm »

Powercrazy really IS my real life friend, and we planned doing this together.  I'm not really a dickhead when I play, I'm just playing a certain 'role' right now because it's fun being the bad guy.  My intention is really just to get people riled up and play more, because I genuinely enjoy playing Overkill with other people.  I'm just giving them a reason to want to play and make me pay for all of my transgressions Wink

Lots of respect for you as a player.  Hope to see you again soon in the Wasteland, and I'll be waiting for you to give me a death or two. 

Also, I know Vidland is the easiest map.  I wish the map was more challenging, but I also wanted an active game, and this BBS is the most active one I've found.  Hopefully with the reset will come a new map.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 01:29:07 pm by Xcalibur » Logged
dgbehrends
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 11:42:45 am »

Can someone post the maps again?  Tarix was going to do it but he has apparently gotten busy.  Suprax can you do it?  thanks.

IGN:BIGD
DamFrawd

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 01:59:38 pm »

Ok.. now that X-mass is over.. I can comment on yer last post without bringing doom and gloom to yer holidays   Cool

>>>Powercrazy really IS my real life friend, and we planned doing this together.<<<

OK.. Maybe he is.. and maybe he isn't.  I started OOII because a roomate of mine in the early 90's needed a hand against a few folks. We had people stateing we were Dupeing accounts because of our logins as well. A call from the sysop on the speakerphone fixed that right up. In fact We made a great ally in that sysop for the game.. as that was where I got the chance to play in the OOII tourney back in the day. But I digress.. (we old folks tend ta do that from time to time..)

The thing is.... YOU made the brag. Here as well in the game. Makes it kinda hard to think against a dupe account when ONE guy makes a brag on what HE's going to do.. Then all the sudden its a team stomping away.  Powercrazy loged in all that week you claimed you'd  be so kind as to allow the rest of us to put our affairs in order. (good strat to hunt out the snitch monsters aheada time says the paranoid part of me..) From your first log in on your going at it day.. yer hitting the oracle 4-5 times per login. As was powercrazy.  Now I've loged into new BBS'es (to me) and done the same. No sweat on such an easy and well known mapset as Vidland is.. But you gotta admit it also LOOKS kinda bad watching two people doing it on back to back login's from the get go. Add in the fact that although I've seen Xcalibur around.. I don't think I've run into Powercrazy.. (I'd remember someone trying to preach at me for sure..)

(A side note here:. you've not been doing most of the killing. Powercrazy has been.. So hes the one thats doing any running over.. )

>>>The OOII game on this board has recently reset.  I plan to play it seriously in a week.  I would encourage anyone interested to make a character and play with me so we can get some real competition going.  Otherwise, I'm just going to roll over all of the scrubs in that game.<<<

You posted something simmilar in the game.  If you had mentioned you had a partner..  Perhaps folks would have taken you seriously enough to partner up in turn.. and give you that competition.  Alas instead you drove folks away from playing.  You stated that this was the most active game you've found.  Have you noted that the folks that were playing, haven't really been after you went out of your way to kill em..?  Did you even note that your team were killing level 1-2 players enough that they simply are not logging back in to play.?  The one other player that could have given you some of that fun yer after.. has been kidnaped mostly nakked. Haveing NO chance to advance.. and you cap it by freeing him from the prison and killing him over and over.  You do realize that even I know hes simply laughing at you.  Grin

>>>My intention is really just to get people riled up and play more, because I genuinely enjoy playing Overkill with other people.  I'm just giving them a reason to want to play and make me pay for all of my transgressions<<<

Ya know.. I wish I had a quarter for every person that has tried this sorta gambit in OOII. I wouldn't be exactly rich.. but I'd have alotta quarters anyways. It rarely works.. at least the way you are going at it.  I will admist I am haveing  fun  ressurection(sp?) myself after every death and gaining in stats and equipment in spite of the setbacks.  I'm also recalling some of the tricks I used to use years ago in OOII battles this way.  But you may note that others are not haveing fun... in fact they are not playing anymore. You haven't made just enemys.. you've driven folks from at least that game.  Hopefully not from the game itself, as I know for a fact that two of those folks are still in the newby/learning the ins and outs of the game stage. Food fer thought there Chummer..

Hrmmmmm I really oughta build a base or three for you to blow up I guess.. Give ya something else ta do for the rest of the X-mass break from school   Cool

Cheerios.. and see ya in the wastelands..

DF

Xcalibur

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 01:07:28 am »

Powercrazy did no Oracle monster hunting in the week prior to all of this.  You are being paranoid.

There was fair warning that things would get ugly for people, and we allowed several days off for people to "prepare" for it.

Nevertheless, I am very impressed by your tenacity and resolve in that, even with as difficult as we have made the game for everybody, it hasn't really seemed to set you back much at all.  You clearly have a mastery of it.  You may even know more of the tricks than I do.

I actually participated in a tournament a long time ago on the OOII World HQ BBS.  It was us Dallasites/Texans against a team from Oklahoma.  I forget the map we played on.  But it was a lot of fun.  Too bad that "golden age" of Overkill is over.

And for the record, I let Powercrazy do most of the killing because that's fun and I want to keep him entertained.  Also, his biblical quotes and compost songs are hilarious.  We really are deriving a lot of schadenfreude from all of this.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: