Operation: Overkill World HQ
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:29:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Be sure and visit Operation Overkill World HQ!
1079 Posts in 253 Topics by 97 Members
Latest Member: Lord Blackfair
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Operation: Overkill World HQ
|-+  Operation: Overkill BBS Door Game
| |-+  Recruit Chat
| | |-+  telnet://bbs.memphistw.org
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: telnet://bbs.memphistw.org  (Read 33292 times)
dgbehrends
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 02:47:12 am »

Ok.. now that X-mass is over.. I can comment on yer last post without bringing doom and gloom to yer holidays   Cool

>>>Powercrazy really IS my real life friend, and we planned doing this together.<<<

OK.. Maybe he is.. and maybe he isn't.  I started OOII because a roomate of mine in the early 90's needed a hand against a few folks. We had people stateing we were Dupeing accounts because of our logins as well. A call from the sysop on the speakerphone fixed that right up. In fact We made a great ally in that sysop for the game.. as that was where I got the chance to play in the OOII tourney back in the day. But I digress.. (we old folks tend ta do that from time to time..)

The thing is.... YOU made the brag. Here as well in the game. Makes it kinda hard to think against a dupe account when ONE guy makes a brag on what HE's going to do.. Then all the sudden its a team stomping away.  Powercrazy loged in all that week you claimed you'd  be so kind as to allow the rest of us to put our affairs in order. (good strat to hunt out the snitch monsters aheada time says the paranoid part of me..) From your first log in on your going at it day.. yer hitting the oracle 4-5 times per login. As was powercrazy.  Now I've loged into new BBS'es (to me) and done the same. No sweat on such an easy and well known mapset as Vidland is.. But you gotta admit it also LOOKS kinda bad watching two people doing it on back to back login's from the get go. Add in the fact that although I've seen Xcalibur around.. I don't think I've run into Powercrazy.. (I'd remember someone trying to preach at me for sure..)

(A side note here:. you've not been doing most of the killing. Powercrazy has been.. So hes the one thats doing any running over.. )

>>>The OOII game on this board has recently reset.  I plan to play it seriously in a week.  I would encourage anyone interested to make a character and play with me so we can get some real competition going.  Otherwise, I'm just going to roll over all of the scrubs in that game.<<<

You posted something simmilar in the game.  If you had mentioned you had a partner..  Perhaps folks would have taken you seriously enough to partner up in turn.. and give you that competition.  Alas instead you drove folks away from playing.  You stated that this was the most active game you've found.  Have you noted that the folks that were playing, haven't really been after you went out of your way to kill em..?  Did you even note that your team were killing level 1-2 players enough that they simply are not logging back in to play.?  The one other player that could have given you some of that fun yer after.. has been kidnaped mostly nakked. Haveing NO chance to advance.. and you cap it by freeing him from the prison and killing him over and over.  You do realize that even I know hes simply laughing at you.  Grin

>>>My intention is really just to get people riled up and play more, because I genuinely enjoy playing Overkill with other people.  I'm just giving them a reason to want to play and make me pay for all of my transgressions<<<

Ya know.. I wish I had a quarter for every person that has tried this sorta gambit in OOII. I wouldn't be exactly rich.. but I'd have alotta quarters anyways. It rarely works.. at least the way you are going at it.  I will admist I am haveing  fun  ressurection(sp?) myself after every death and gaining in stats and equipment in spite of the setbacks.  I'm also recalling some of the tricks I used to use years ago in OOII battles this way.  But you may note that others are not haveing fun... in fact they are not playing anymore. You haven't made just enemys.. you've driven folks from at least that game.  Hopefully not from the game itself, as I know for a fact that two of those folks are still in the newby/learning the ins and outs of the game stage. Food fer thought there Chummer..

Hrmmmmm I really oughta build a base or three for you to blow up I guess.. Give ya something else ta do for the rest of the X-mass break from school   Cool

Cheerios.. and see ya in the wastelands..

DF

This was a nice read Smiley  Very accurate in my estimate.  What happens in cases like these is when two people (or 1 with doppleganger) team up and play 4 hours a day they can pretty much own the wasteland when all they are playing against is newbies and a few vets with not as much time on their hands.  It's the nature of the game.  I haven't found an OOII game that limits playtime to less than 1 hour per day, but I would like to.  If you want a challenge try playing the hard map (genesis) at bbs.operationoverkill.com, you get only 3 bases per player and you get hungry really fast.

DF might have mentioned this in game, but the shovel can be used to dig down to the next level.  You have to make sure you aren't digging into rock and your odds are better (I think) depending on the type of land you dig in to. 

IGN:BIGD
DamFrawd

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 09:44:17 am »

re: shovels.   uhmmm no. I wasn't going to mention that. Argh... Argh I say!   Shocked

DF

P.S.  oh,  I didn't say that PC was oracle hunting before yer wait time was up.  Just that if it'd been me, I'da probbly hunted the snitch monster identitys.  Thus my paranoia that PC was doing so to give you that leg up. You must have realized that as soon as it was apparent there were two of ya, Folks might take quick steps. Alas.. it weren't so. I need to listen to my inner voices more..  Smiley
dgbehrends
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 02:01:20 pm »

I have not been able to find anything that goes up.  I thought the hoist would have been the perfect weapon for that but I haven't been able to use it to get me to an upper level.  Do you know if its possible or if something else in game lets you go up, other than the cyclone, zaxonaccelerater, or a hole up?

DamFrawd

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 08:33:51 am »

I know of two items that you can use to go upwards. There is the telegrasp. That puts you right outside the main complex. There is also an item called a zimmer. That will toss you anywhere you type in the choordinates for, with the exception of the AFB.s. (I suspect this applies for the prison too.. but I've never tried to test that. ) So you can pop yourself to aywhere on the 5 map levels(up or down). Note: keeping from appearing inside rock is something to consider when you type in the X-Y/level.)

There is also a rather rough way to go upwards. You go to defended base that has a Zaxxon acelerator. In attempting to enter this kind of base improperly, the base defenses will teleport you somewhere. It can toss you a distance from the base on either the level its on.. or to the level below or above. This method is hard on your armor and med packs though. It also notes in thier base log where it tossed you. Tis a good thing to not camp where you are tossed  Smiley

Dam Frawd
dgbehrends
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 12:42:01 pm »

Yea, I have often used telegrasps and to some extent zimmers.  I forgot to mention them in my going up post.  It just seems like if there is a weapon to go down, there should have been one to go up.  The hoist would have been perfect.  If I was motivated enough I would get the code from Michael and put it in myself Smiley

DamFrawd

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2009, 10:40:08 am »

Welp.. some crazed Dwarf snuck past The Big Leezards defenses.. and wacked him. The games been re-set. The sysop tossed in a new mapset to play on too.. Take care folks..

Dam Frawd

**an Incarnation of a Mad Dwarf**
Dustin
Leader of the Lizards
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2009, 06:47:29 am »

Lizard bait,

It's getting fiesty in here!  I like it, as long as the REAL battles are taking place on the wastelands.

If I ever get set up in a permanent living address (I'm temporarily shacked up in Dallas trying to find employment), I might set up a BBS for some SERIOUSSERIOUSSERIOUS 'killing: medium difficulty maps, limited time limits, verified users, perhaps a preset squadron vs. squadron battle (as in the old Tournament days, except now we're worldwide, baby).  Ya dig?  Get your shovels.

Peace n' lizard pancakes,

El Capitan Weezal
Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 01:20:17 am »

If I ever get set up in a permanent living address (I'm temporarily shacked up in Dallas trying to find employment), I might set up a BBS for some SERIOUSSERIOUSSERIOUS 'killing: medium difficulty maps, limited time limits, verified users, perhaps a preset squadron vs. squadron battle (as in the old Tournament days, except now we're worldwide, baby).  Ya dig?  Get your shovels.

You are more than welcome to physically take possession of Overkill World HQ anytime you want.  Furthermore you are more than welcome to electronically, or by any other means, change the settings to something more appropriate.  Grin

Willis
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2009, 12:43:52 am »

I played on this board before Xcalibur came on the scene. I am a casual player and we had a pretty solid game going with other opponent  Blue60. It was awesome! But then we had Xcalibur log in 10 times a day and completely ruin the game. So I stopped playing and so did the Blue60.

The Vidland map was a bit too easy but was fun anyways.
Damfrawd you seem like a good guy to play with and I like your approach with dealing with duche bags.

Would like to get back into the game  a bit so does anyone know of another BBS that is currently active with better maps and a sysop that is actually there?

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: