Operation: Overkill World HQ
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:02:54 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Be sure and visit Operation Overkill World HQ!
1079 Posts in 253 Topics by 97 Members
Latest Member: Lord Blackfair
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Operation: Overkill World HQ
|-+  Operation: Overkill BBS Door Game
| |-+  Recruit Chat
| | |-+  Roll Call- Who's playing where..?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Roll Call- Who's playing where..?  (Read 33357 times)
DamFrawd

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2010, 01:13:50 pm »

Just killed the big Leezard on cavebbs.homeip.net.. I haven't run into too many places lately where folks are playing.. Anybody want to give up thier playgrounds..?

DF

Drailex Mauder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 11:33:21 pm »

Hey, I'm not playing anywhere yet, but hopefully Tarix will be able to get a working compile of the Linux OOIS into my hands. I plan to start with a single player beta test, and if things work out I'll announce a multiplayer beta here on the forum. We'll see how many people we can wrangle up.

DM
Dwarf_in_hideing
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 12:15:20 pm »

That would be cool.  Be nice to have a central spot where OOII players can wander the wastelands again..

DamFrawd
Drailex Mauder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 12:51:00 am »

No doubt. I've started to put out the word to users of my dial up BBS from the 90's. A few of them have expressed interest in warring against the Hydrites.

DM
dgbehrends
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 01:22:25 pm »

Sounds great.  I could be coaxed out of retirement for a game or two.

IGN:BIGD
VACANTSTARE
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 03:40:24 am »

Hey, I'm not playing anywhere yet, but hopefully Tarix will be able to get a working compile of the Linux OOIS into my hands. I plan to start with a single player beta test, and if things work out I'll announce a multiplayer beta here on the forum. We'll see how many people we can wrangle up.

DM

I'm interested, are you going to be playing one door or more? I always liked the three doors on OOII's site. On another note, if you do get the code from Tarix, does that mean you change a few things in the game?
Dustin
Leader of the Lizards
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 03:25:58 am »

DM

I'm interested, are you going to be playing one door or more? I always liked the three doors on OOII's site. On another note, if you do get the code from Tarix, does that mean you change a few things in the game?

I'm game, too.  For configuration, I'd like it to be a one-play-per-day, or a time limit per day restriction (30-45 minutes).  Once a day.  If I have to log on two to three times a day to compete, I'll be lost in the dust, way behind everyone else!   Tongue

-Dustin
Dwarf_in_hideing
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 09:11:35 am »

I'm good for limited time play as well. Keeps you on your toes. BTW DM.. What was that BBs you were plotting on doing this on..?

DF
Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 05:11:09 pm »

I guess part of the plan was to have me run it on the server that I'm already paying money for.  Grin

I'll make it so.

Dwarf_in_hideing
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 09:39:15 am »

was it ever made so..?

DF
dgbehrends
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 12:11:47 pm »

One thing I liked a lot about the games on www.operationoverkill.com was that I could review the frontier log without having to log in.  This is a nice feature that let me keep tabs on different games without needing to actively log in.  It saves precious in game minutes by letting players tune their strategy.  The only major fault in the game, that I have found, is when the last item is picked up within a base, the game crashes and boots the player effectively erasing everything he had done during his turn, with one exception.

BigD

IGN:BIGD
Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 05:24:46 pm »

I had a lot of life changes, mainly moving to Japan and spending four years finally getting a degree, and my interest in Overkill waned a bit.

The interest is back and I'm currently trying to sort out what that means and how to deal with it all.

The first thing that needs to be done is I need to move this to a new host, spam protect it, and update it.

spentmiles

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 06:14:36 am »

The first thing that needs to be done is I need to move this to a new host, spam protect it, and update it.

I hope you get it going!  I always come back here and I'm always glad it's here to come back to.
Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 04:43:01 am »

The forum is accepting new members again.  The captcha is pretty complicated so I hope it keeps the bots out!

christr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 03:21:53 am »

I've finally got my old BBS back online...  Started working on bringing it back to life last summer but got tied up with 'real life' for a while. 

Just about ready to open it to the public again... but if anyone wants to get some 'overkill fix' feel free to hit it up now.  Have 3 games configured now using Vidland, NightOwl and Paradox with varying config options between them to keep it interesting. 

bbs.fleethq.org  (runs Synchronet, available via telnet or ssh, or hit it with HTTP and you can use flashtelnet)

Tarix: if you need hosting let me know.  I can give you a whole VMWare VM for this stuff if you want or a VPS slice if you don't need much in the way of resources.

--Chris
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: