Operation: Overkill World HQ
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:50:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Be sure and visit Operation Overkill World HQ!
1079 Posts in 253 Topics by 97 Members
Latest Member: Lord Blackfair
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Operation: Overkill World HQ
|-+  Operation: Overkill BBS Door Game
| |-+  Recruit Chat
| | |-+  Wiki...kill?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wiki...kill?  (Read 7309 times)
Dustin
Leader of the Lizards
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: May 27, 2015, 11:11:22 pm »

Speaking of Wikipedia, this site could use an official players guide for the game! I know several guides have been posted around (courtesy of Teucer, Hawk, Suprax, Kallahar), but nothing uber-official. Most of the discovery of the game has been revealed, so any spoilers and secrets would be minimal. If anything, it'd be curious reading to those who used to play (or still play today). I'll see what I can fashion up on here, if it's doable with this software.

-Dustin
Dustin
Leader of the Lizards
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 11:14:57 pm »

Speaking of Wikipedia, this site could use an official players guide for the game! I know several guides have been posted around (courtesy of Teucer, Hawk, Suprax, Kallahar), but nothing uber-official. Most of the discovery of the game has been revealed, so any spoilers and secrets would be minimal. If anything, it'd be curious reading to those who used to play (or still play today). I'll see what I can fashion up on here, if it's doable with this software.

-Dustin

Stumbled onto this site. Could be a good template:

http://www.gamebanshee.com/bbs/guides/operationoverkillii.php
DamFrawd

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 12:17:35 pm »

I haven't seen Hawks Faq posted anywhere in years.  I think its lost to time. It wasn't up to date,  as I believe he missed the last two versions anyways. He has been AWOL a long time ;(

Teucer and Heathkit's Faq is still can be found on  Kallahar's place. http://kallahar.com/software/ooii_faq/
That was written in 99'. Its pretty detailed with *very* few errors. Last time I looked thru it I recalled a few things it doesn't mention. I'm sure there may be a few things other players have figured out along the way that aren't there either. But that said, I doubt there is much missed.  It was very through.

To find the OOterm programs as well as a couple of other OOII related programs http://www.ziskind.com/bbs-door-games-operation-overkill-ii.asp is the place to visit.

I once wrote a Faq back in the day for team play. I based it off Hawks faq, but added in all sorts of stuff for the folks on my tournament team.  I lost that to a HD crash long ago.  Be cool to read it now <grin> Too bad Dusty here hasn't been bribeable to create the next version of OOII. NOw that would be cool...

DF

dgbehrends
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 01:51:54 am »

I have an FAQ I created a while back.  I thought I posted it on here somewhere.  There are some bugs in the game that I mentioned too.  If interested I can see if I still have it on my hard drive and send it to you or post.

IGN:BIGD
DamFrawd

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 03:16:58 am »

I wouldn't mind seeing that DG. If you posted it here earlier, I probably read it. I am curious about the bugs part. I refuse to use bugs, but I like to understand what they do. Now and then I see someone that I can't see how they got to where they are game-timeline wise. I realize they could just be a better player than myself.... ow that hurt to say.  But in hearing others experiences in the game I'm always up to learn.

DF
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: