Operation: Overkill World HQ
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:25:44 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Be sure and visit Operation Overkill World HQ!
1079 Posts in 253 Topics by 97 Members
Latest Member: Lord Blackfair
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Operation: Overkill World HQ
|-+  Operation: Overkill BBS Door Game
| |-+  Bugs and Annoyances
| | |-+  Auto-reset
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Auto-reset  (Read 12244 times)
Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« on: October 17, 2003, 07:58:30 am »

I've been visiting a lot of other boards lately and have noticed quite a few of them with a dead Overkill.  The game is won, everyone is waiting for a reset, but the sysop isn't notified.  This even happens on my own BBS since I generally don't play.

It seems like it would be a really good idea to add an auto reset function.  So my current though is:

After Overkill is dead a 3 day timer passes.  This gives everyone playing a chance to see the victor and exact any last minute revenge.  It's a sort of free-for-all period.  Once the timer is up the game resets itself and the game is reset like normal.

I also think it might be nice to be able to vote on the next map.

Comments?  Suggestions?

PrinceConrad
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 11:38:44 pm »

I think that's a great idea.  Especially the map part.

BTW, do you accept user-made maps?  I've been working on one particularly "nasty" one...   :twisted:
Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 07:35:31 am »

Quote from: "PrinceConrad"

BTW, do you accept user-made maps?  I've been working on one particularly "nasty" one...   :twisted:

Absolutely!  I'd have to check with Dustin to be sure, but I'm pretty sure most of the maps are user made.

If you come up with something particularly tasty we'll definitely play it for a round or two and I'll include it in the next release!

Dustin
Leader of the Lizards
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2003, 11:00:49 am »

Quote from: "Tarix"
Quote from: "PrinceConrad"

Absolutely!  I'd have to check with Dustin to be sure, but I'm pretty sure most of the maps are user made.

If you come up with something particularly tasty we'll definitely play it for a round or two and I'll include it in the next release!

Of course, of course!  New maps are most certainly welcome.  We really enjoy maps that lean towards a theme or particular strategy (I especially favor the maps that employ Nukem tactics to their fullest!)  When you're finished, tag it with a name and what you assess the difficulty rating, and we'll give it a spin.

As for the auto-reset after Overkill is slain, I'm thumbs up for that!  

-Dustin
skatter
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2003, 08:17:54 am »

I would definitely agree with this.  As a sysop, I don't want to have to keep an eye on every door game I run, and if someone "beats" it, I would rather it reset automatically than have to go in each time and clear out the data files.

--
skatter
Black Thursday sysop
telnet://blackthursday.net
http://www.blackthursday.net

katter
Black Thursday sysop
telnet://blackthursday.net
http://www.blackthursday.net
PrinceConrad
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2003, 02:11:59 pm »

I've got most of my map finished.  The only problem is that I don't have a working map editor (it's just a text file on Notepad right now).  Is there a place that I could download a map editor that would work on XP?
Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 07:22:32 am »

Implemented.  Thread Locked.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: