Operation: Overkill World HQ
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:40:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Be sure and visit Operation Overkill World HQ!
1079 Posts in 253 Topics by 97 Members
Latest Member: Lord Blackfair
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Operation: Overkill World HQ
|-+  Operation: Overkill BBS Door Game
| |-+  Killing Strategy
| | |-+  item storage..?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: item storage..?  (Read 14339 times)
skatter
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« on: November 04, 2003, 05:24:24 am »

Is there a way to store items in OOII?  I'm a overkill n00b, so forgive this question if it is stupid.

For example, if I want to pick up more weapons in the Wastelands to bring them back to sell, how would I do that?  Is there a storage unit back at the Complex?

katter
Black Thursday sysop
telnet://blackthursday.net
http://www.blackthursday.net
PrinceConrad
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003, 12:26:49 pm »

Storing items for resale is an essential strategy of OOII in my opinion.  However, you must first save up enough money in order to build a base.  Each base will be able to store up to 100 items (I believe -- somebody correct me if I'm wrong).

Until you save up enough money for a base (a secure, well-defended base will cost you in the area of 250,000 crystals), I suggest grabbing a hemp rope, aerial scan, medkits, & rations and doing some multi-level scavenging.  It may take awhile but is rewarding in the long run...
skatter
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003, 12:51:15 pm »

what does hemp rope do?

katter
Black Thursday sysop
PrinceConrad
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 08:53:35 am »

A hemp rope gives you access to lower levels.  When you find this symbol on a map "@v" it signifies a hole down.  USe the hemp rope and you can go to lower levels to fight stronger creatures (who reward you with more crystals, exp, and better weapons/armor/items)...
skatter
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2003, 01:44:18 pm »

Yeah, I kind of assumed that's what it was for, but I'm still not ready to go to level 2 yet.

Are there any strategies on building bases, and where to build them?  Are there specific levels you should build bases on, or should you build multiple bases on each level?

katter
Black Thursday sysop
PrinceConrad
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2003, 08:56:33 am »

Well, if you're still fighting level one monsters, you don't need to be worrying about building bases yet (not that you would have enough crystals anyway).
Eventually, I think i's good to have at least one base per level (two, if you've got the money to blow).  But as of right now, you should be more focused on gathering human skulls, weapons, and armor from the creatures you kill and selling them in the HQ for extra crystals.

Really the best way to learn this game is to play on a team with somebody experienced.  I suggest going to Tarix's telnet site (tarix.overkill.net) and joining my team in the Novice game there.  From there I can give you hints and access to my bases and better weapons.
I'll go ahead and email you the team passcode in the game...
 Cheesy
skatter
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2003, 09:18:21 am »

Are there plans to make this game multiplayer?  That would definitely be an excellent addition to this game..

katter
Black Thursday sysop
Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2003, 08:06:25 am »

Quote from: "skatter"
Are there plans to make this game multiplayer?  That would definitely be an excellent addition to this game..

No, neither the game design nor the code base could handle the conversion.  It would take an amazing amount of refactoring that is basically "unaffordable".

On the other hand the port to C++ was designed with the ability to handle hundreds of simultaneous users.  Indeed the Operation: Overkill Internet Server already supports multiplayer.

Astrochimp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 07:06:32 am »

Quote from: skatter

No, neither the game design nor the code base could handle the conversion.  It would take an amazing amount of refactoring that is basically "unaffordable".

On the other hand the port to C++ was designed with the ability to handle hundreds of simultaneous users.  Indeed the Operation: Overkill Internet Server already supports multiplayer.

Um what?  Port to C++?  So the real answer to the question is not "No" but "Yes"Huh?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: