Operation: Overkill World HQ
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:12:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Be sure and visit Operation Overkill World HQ!
1079 Posts in 253 Topics by 97 Members
Latest Member: Lord Blackfair
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Operation: Overkill World HQ
|-+  Operation: Overkill BBS Door Game
| |-+  Killing Strategy
| | |-+  hit points down to 2!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: hit points down to 2!  (Read 13880 times)
skatter
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« on: November 06, 2003, 02:24:27 am »

I don't know what happened, but my character only has a total of 2 hitpoints now, and my strength/dexterity have gone down dramatically too.

What do I do to fix this, and how can I play with only 2 HP??  Is there a way to commit suicide and start over, or is this a temporary thing?

katter
Black Thursday sysop
telnet://blackthursday.net
http://www.blackthursday.net
Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 03:57:46 am »

Quote from: "skatter"
I don't know what happened, but my character only has a total of 2 hitpoints now, and my strength/dexterity have gone down dramatically too.

Assuming this wasn't caused by a disease you can heal hit points with a med kit ...

What do I do to fix this, and how can I play with only 2 HP??  Is there a way to commit suicide and start over, or is this a temporary thing?

If this was caused by a combination of disease and multiple deaths you should commit suicide and make a new character.

Since Overkill is a cyclic game and not a infinite one there are a lot of ways to permanently damage your character.  There's a FAQ posted in the download section that you should definitely read.

skatter
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2003, 07:41:33 am »

Well my character has died quite a few times, and this time when I was resurrected I only had 2 HP possible, and my str/dex were both brought down to ~19 from the high 20s.  I got killed by radiation a few times.

Is there a way to use two suits at once?  For example, a radiation suit and a combat suit?  Or is there a combination of the two in one suit?

katter
Black Thursday sysop
skatter
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2003, 06:34:07 am »

Well, I can't seem to figure out how to start my character over.  I tried to "terminate" myself, but that didn't do it... I just got resurrected the next day.

How do I erase my character and start over?

katter
Black Thursday sysop
Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2003, 10:56:07 am »

Well, I can't seem to figure out how to start my character over.  I tried to "terminate" myself, but that didn't do it... I just got resurrected the next day.

How do I erase my character and start over?

Answer no when it asks you if you would like to be resurrected.

mindphaser
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 03:11:14 pm »

Now, that's one killing strategy that I know will definately work:!:  Cool
Dustin
Leader of the Lizards
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2004, 09:19:29 am »

Well my character has died quite a few times, and this time when I was resurrected I only had 2 HP possible, and my str/dex were both brought down to ~19 from the high 20s.  I got killed by radiation a few times.

Is there a way to use two suits at once?  For example, a radiation suit and a combat suit?  Or is there a combination of the two in one suit?

Mmmm... radiation.  Yes, quite the debilitator, that wonderful ooze.   If you do find yourself slathered in the stuff (Nukem doesn't play well with others), the radiation will start eating its way out of your fragile little skin.  Your hit points will permanently be lowered with each infection.  And you thought your boils were bad...   8O

And that's the gig with being able to only select one suit... either the Combat suit (when you're healing so often that your radiation is kept at low levels), or the Rad Suit (when traversing the wasteland in super-sell-the-big-weapons mode).  Take your fashion seriously, and apply it to your current quest/strategy.

(It's like taking a trip to Vegas -- choosing either a gravity-friendly car road trip or opting for the quickie plane route.  You either get to see the World's Biggest Ball of Twine on the scenic road trip, or you can gleefully harass the elderly airline staff into thinking they're hot stuff.  Both have their advantages.  Take your pick.)

And yes... time for my OWN personal anti-radiation pills, as my brain is leaking.  And leeking.  More spinach.   :roll:

-Dustin

Mile High Club member
Takkhardian
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2005, 01:59:02 pm »

So, there's three ways to cure radiation.

First, use medkits. Each use drops your radiation a little bit, whether or not you get healing (so you can use them when you're at full HP).

Second, go into a base or HQ and get the anti-radiation treatment. In the HQ, it is located in the (H)eadquarters area, in the (M)edical section. In a base, it is the (D)econtamination treatment in the (T)echnical Center.

Third, find the Oracle. In addition to all the many other benefits, all the radiation you've absorbed will be removed...if you're low enough level to get any benefit from the Oracle.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: