Operation: Overkill World HQ
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:48:10 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Be sure and visit Operation Overkill World HQ!
1079 Posts in 253 Topics by 97 Members
Latest Member: Lord Blackfair
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Operation: Overkill World HQ
|-+  Operation: Overkill BBS Door Game
| |-+  Killing Strategy
| | |-+  weapons
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: weapons  (Read 13478 times)
mindphaser
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« on: January 10, 2004, 10:44:11 am »

Hi,

One thing I didn't see in the FAQ was weapon damage.  Anybody know where I can find a list?  So far I've been using what the selling rate @ the complex is (which makes me wonder if there are better weapons then what they're selling).  

thanks,
-mp
Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2004, 04:41:24 am »

Quote from: "mindphaser"

One thing I didn't see in the FAQ was weapon damage.  Anybody know where I can find a list?  So far I've been using what the selling rate @ the complex is (which makes me wonder if there are better weapons then what they're selling).  

For the most part the weapons are pretty linear.  After the highest level that the complex sells there are a few extra weapons you can find.

The "best" is combo the Xendrix/Herculean.  Now best is since quotes because that isn't entirely true, but since I have access to the source code I've been sworn to a bit of secrecy. Smiley

Hopefully someone else will jump in and add the additional info.

Dustin
Leader of the Lizards
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 07:13:28 am »

I'll take any one of you lizard-boys on with a Hydra-Jack.  Notice the connection with technology... "Hydr" prefix.  Get your chops lickin' on that idea... high-tech weapons from the mines of Hydrania?  Could beeeeeee......  :twisted:

-Dustin
Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 05:44:55 am »

Quote from: "Weezal"
I'll take any one of you lizard-boys on with a Hydra-Jack.  Notice the connection with technology... "Hydr" prefix.  Get your chops lickin' on that idea... high-tech weapons from the mines of Hydrania?  Could beeeeeee......  :twisted:

Oh, you mean that wasn't a bug?  I knew I shouldn't have halfed the damage of the Hydra-Jack!

(Totally kidding of course.)

Another nice bonus about a hydra-jack is that it doesn't need ammo!

-Mike

teucer
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 10:53:31 am »

The "best" is combo the Xendrix/Herculean.  Now best is since quotes because that isn't entirely true, but since I have access to the source code I've been sworn to a bit of secrecy. Smiley

Hopefully someone else will jump in and add the additional info.

The most damaging hand-to-hand weapon is indeed the Xendrix, although I'd argue the best is the Hydra-Jack because it doesn't need ammo.

The best long range weapon is the Trignet.  Herculean is second best.  Not only does the Trignet do the most damage, but if the shot is on target it disables the enemy for one attack, whether long range or hand-to-hand.  This is pretty much the only way to fight guard clones and win.  But that's another story...

The problem with the trignet is that only one monster carries it (Diabla, level 4) and only with one shot, so if she drops it you get a trignet with no ammo.  The only way to use a trignet is to buy ammo for it in the afb research room at incredible cost: 95000 for 50 rounds.  The trignet without ammo costs you 130000.  I believe ammo and weapon prices in the research room are in the faq (which is in need of serious formatting help, btw).

Just to round out the combo, the best armor is Polycarbon.  A few monsters have it, eg Orkaner in the AFB, or it can be bought in the same place as Trignet ammo.

If the Herculean really is the best long range weapon, wouldn't Overkill use it?
Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2004, 05:40:48 am »

Quote from: "teucer"

the faq (which is in need of serious formatting help, btw).

If anyone wants to format it into HTML I can put it directly on the website and host it here.

Thufir
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2004, 05:32:31 pm »

Quote from: "Tarix"

If anyone wants to format it into HTML I can put it directly on the website and host it here.

If this hasn't been done yet, let me know - I haven't even bothered to read it in a LONG time, so I may as well do that in the process  Tongue

If needed, just let me know where I can grab a copy of it, and I can reformat the thing as I'm able to get free time.
Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2004, 09:10:38 am »

Quote from: "Thufir"

If this hasn't been done yet, let me know - I haven't even bothered to read it in a LONG time, so I may as well do that in the process  Tongue

If needed, just let me know where I can grab a copy of it, and I can reformat the thing as I'm able to get free time.

It hasn't to my knowledge.  It's available in the Downloads section.  That should be the most recent version that I've been sent.  Only teucer knows for sure if there is a more up to date version. Smiley

mindphaser
Recruit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2004, 03:15:15 am »

Quote from: "Tarix"

I have started on this & am pretty close to being done.  I just need to put in a few more links & probably break out each section into different pages (it's a little long if its just one page).
TermX
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2004, 02:42:05 pm »

great idea to convert from text to html.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: